3 Aug 2013

'I can finally get married!' says The Cosby Show actress Raven Symoné as she comes out as a lesbian

Raven-Symoné is ready to open up about her personal life.
The That's So Raven actress has revealed that she is a lesbian with an enlightening and excited tweet on Friday.
'I can finally get married! Yay government!' the 27-year-old former Cosby Show star tweeted. 'So proud of you.'
Coming out: Raven-Symoné (pictured here in October 2012) revealed that she was a lesbian with a tweet about same-sex marriage on Friday
Coming out: Raven-Symoné (pictured here in October 2012) revealed that she was a lesbian with a tweet about same-sex marriage on Friday

While she didn't expand on her bombshell statement on Twitter, Raven was referring to the US Supreme Court's decision to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act in June.
She went on to tell E! News, 'I am very happy that gay marriage is opening up around the country and is being accepted. I was excited to hear today that more states legalized gay marriage.
'I, however am not currently getting married, but it is great to know I can now, should I wish to.'



Don't expect wedding bells just yet, however, as a rep for Symone told E! 'Raven is not getting married. She was just supporting the fact that she heard on NPR that more states legalized gay marriage today.'
In May 2012, she addressed a National Enquirer story that she was living with her girlfriend, America's Next Top Model contestant AzMarie Livingston, in New York City by tweeting a cryptic message about the tabloid story.
'I'm living my PERSONAL life the way I'm happiest,' she told her then 350,000 followers.
Happy couple? Raven was rumoured last year to be living with America's Next Top Model contestant AzMarie Livingston
Happy couple? Raven was rumoured last year to be living with America's Next Top Model contestant AzMarie Livingston

Tattooed beauty: The lesbian model was known for her androgynous looks and similarity to Grace Jones
Tattooed beauty: The lesbian model was known for her androgynous looks and similarity to Grace Jones

'I'm not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I'm dating. and I shall not start now. My sexual orientation is mine, and the person I'm datings to know. I'm not one for a public display of my life,' said the actress who played Olivia on The Crosby Show at age four.
Raven added, 'That is my right as a HUMAN BEing whether straight or gay. To tell or not to tell. As long as I'm not harming anyone.'
At the time, the That's So Raven star did not confirm or deny the allegations about dating AzMarie, who was known on the CW's modeling competition for her androgynous beauty that resembled her idol, Grace Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment