12 Aug 2013

Jennifer Lawrence admits she's 'not okay' with her celebrity as she appears on prestigious September Vogue cover

She's in Vogue: Jennifer Lawrence cover the September issue of the iconic fashion magazine out in stores on August 20At the age of 22, she is already an Oscar winning actress and has the pick of Hollywood movie roles.
But it seems Jennifer Lawrence saw it all coming from a young age.
In a new interview with Vogue, the actress says she foresaw her fame while growing up in Kentucky. 
She's in Vogue: Jennifer Lawrence cover the September issue of the iconic fashion magazine out in stores on August 20
'Ever since I was really little, I've always had a very normal idea of what I wanted,' she tells the magazine. 'I was going to be a mom and I was going to be a doctor and I was going to live in Kentucky.
'But I always knew that I was going to be famous. I honest to God don't know how else to describe it. I used to lie in bed and wonder: "Am I going to be a local TV person? Am I going to be a motivational speaker."
'It wasn't a vision. But as it's kind of happening, you have this buried understanding: Of course.'
Jennifer's celebrity is such that she also appears on the magazine's cover for the prestigious September issue.Wearing her blonde hair in a tousled style, she looks stunning in a black dress and smoky brown make-up.
Old pals: Jennifer Lawrence got chummy with her Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson at Comic Con in San Diego, on Saturday
Old pals: Jennifer got chummy with her Hunger Games co-star Josh Hutcherson at Comic Con in San Diego, last month

However, not everything always went so smoothly for the actress who reprises her role of Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire out in November.
'I was a weirdo,' she said about her childhood. 'I wasn't picked on or anything. And I wasn't smarter than the other kids. That's not why I didn't fit in. I've just had this weird anxiety. I hated recess. I didn't like field trips. Parties really stressed me out.'
Nowadays, it's her growing fame which is proving hard to handle.

'I teeter on seeming ungrateful when I talk about this,' she declares. 'But I'm kind of going through a meltdown about it lately. All of a sudden, the entire world feels entitled to know everything about my me.
New role: Jennifer stars alongside Sam Claflin in Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire, out in November
New role: Jennifer stars alongside Sam Claflin in Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire, out in November

Jennifer Lawrence
New role: Jennifer in forthcoming movie American Hustle which will be released in December

'I am just not okay with it. It's as simple as that. I am just a normal girl and a human being and I haven't been in this long enough to feel like this is my new normal. I'm not going to find peace with it.'
After filming Catching Fire, Jennifer turned down a vacation to take on the role of Rosalyn, Christian Bale's wife in American Hustle in a part written expressly for her by her Silver Linings Playbook director David O'Russell.
'Rosalyn is 100 percent a product of David's imagination,' says Jennifer. 'She's a manic depressive alcoholic and I couldn't wait. Plus, I got to make out with Christina Bale.
'I couldn't say no. And then when I was on set, I was like "This is much more important than a vacation". It's so much better for my brain to be creatively stimulated in this way, It reminded me: "This is what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment