8 Aug 2013

THE destinys child singer admits range of success.. Kelly Rowland admits her envy at Destiny's Child cohort Beyonce's success By Mike Larkin

Green with envy: Kelly Rowland has admitted she is envious of her old friend Beyonce's success in the new issue of EssenceShe has often been left in Beyonce's shadow.
And Kelly Rowland has admitted she has been envious of her Destiny's Child cohort's success.
But with solo success and a spot as a judge on X Factor USA under her belt, the 32-year-old is happier in her own skin than ever.
Green with envy: Kelly Rowland admitted she is envious of her old friend Beyonce's success in the new issue of Essence

Speaking in this month's Essence magazine, the Talking A Good Game star said: 'For a long time I wasn't happy, but that had nothing to do with Beyonce.
'That had to do with me trying to get my life in order and make better decisions for myself.
'I'm seeing all these wonderful things happen for her and I am happy for her.
'But I want a path. I want things to pop off for me, too.'
Child-ish comparison: But Kelly said she will be happy to achieve her own level of success on her own terms
Child-ish comparison: But Kelly said she will be happy to achieve her own level of success on her own terms

But given her old bandmate has sold 118 million records worldwide as a solo artist, with more than  13 million albums shifted in the US alone, Kelly said she has more modest goals.
She admitted: 'Not on her level but whatever my level is supposed to be.'
The dapper dresser also shared some tips, insisting it is vital everyone finds their own look.
She said: 'I'm constantly inspired by fashion but I don't necessarily like to always follow directions.
'I don't think that you should—I think that you should do whatever works for you, whatever works for your body type.'
Talking a good game: Kelly's sudden candidness was appropriate given the title of her new album
Talking a good game: Kelly's sudden candidness was appropriate given the title of her new album

Earning her keep: Kelly's role as a new X Factor USA judge has seen her act as a wingman for troubled mogul Simon Cowell at press events in recent weeks
Earning her keep: Kelly's role as a new X Factor USA judge has seen her act as a wingman for troubled mogul Simon Cowell at press events in recent weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment